This page provides shapefiles and text files relevant to the Call for Bids NS15-1 package for use in GIS mapping packages.
The shapefiles available are:
- Call for Bids NS15-1 parcels
- Existing offshore licences as of January 2015
- Well location information (surface coordinates only)
- Geophysical program line locations (2D) or outlines (3D)
- Approximate bathymetry, digitized from - Atlantic Geoscience Centre, 1991: Introduction 2: bathymetry and physiographic features; in East Coast Basin Atlas Series: Scotian Shelf; Atlantic Geoscience Centre, Geological Survey of Canada. p.3.
- Offshore pipeline routes
- National and International Boundaries
- Marine Protected Areas
- Critical Habitat Zones
- Georges Bank Moratorium Area outline
*Please note that the seismic GIS files generally reference the NAD27 datum. To properly transform into NAD83, use the NTv2 datum transformation, available by request at this link: http://esri.ca/en/content/ntv2-request. A GIS application or viewer is required to open the shapefiles.
Other geophysical program information is available from the GSC-Atlantic’s BASIN database.